U9 North 2023
U9 is for kids turning 7 and 8 years old in the current year.
The U9 program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development Plan.
The format for U9 will be:
- The season starts at the beginning of April and goes until the end of June
- U9 sessions are 1 hour
- U9 games are 1 hour floor time - 3 - 12min run time periods
- Play full floor
- Play 5 on 5 (with goalie)
- 3 x 3 nets
- Referees on floor to call penalties and explain violations; players who repeatedly commit rule violations will be sent off the floor
- 3 minute shifts
- Contact rule is Place and Push.
- The fall back rule applies when the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone where they must wait until the ball crosses the restraining line. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be at least 9 feet from the crease.
- After each goal and the end of each shift, play shall start with the goalkeeper of the team that was scored on or was in possession of the ball at the end of the shift and the defensive players shall fall back to their zone.
- Please consult ALA Regulation 15.16 for full U9 rules.
- Equipment Requirements
The purpose of the 8U leagues is to introduce, emphasize, and develop the fundamental skills of lacrosse. The focus of practices as well as games is to promote an environment that encourages participation, skill development, and overall enjoyment of the game.
Score is kept and entered into the League Management System.
2018 LTAD Box Lacrosse Rules for Mini-Tyke and Tyke