Bantam is for players that are 13 and 14 yrs old born from 01/01/2005 through 12/31/2006.
The Bantam division is tiered into A, B and C Divisions depending on how many register.
Bantam A is a merger team with 4 clubs - High River, Okotoks, Knights and Strathmore - this merger was created to increase competition in A level Lacrosse for all the clubs involved. Games and Practices are divided in locations to serve all the families on the merger team. 2019 Evaluations for BANTAM A HOKS will take place at Cresent Pointe Fieldhouse - 125 Field House Drive East, Aldersyde, AB T1S 0C4 - Please register for tryouts in registrations
Saturday March 2ND @ 3:45 - 4:45 , Tuesday March 5th @ 7:00pm -8:00, Sunday March 10th @ 11:15 -12:30PM
- Evaluations for Bantam will start in early March and preseason till early April.
- All Home games and practices will be held in NE arenas of Calgary with Away games in Calgary and surrounding areas.
- All divisions will play teams from all clubs.
- All divisions play in a league and league statistics are kept to determine playoff positions. Playoffs are played to determine city champions.
- Players in all divisions can expect to have practices each week in addition to games.
- The season starts April 29 and goes until July 15th with city playoffs and provincials.
- Equipment Requirements
Registrations are open until March 15th, 2019
019 Alberta Lacrosse Bantam Challenge
(Registration Deadline: August 7)
Date: August 9-11, 2019
The ALA is excited to announce the Bantam Challenge which will be open to all Male Bantam players scheduled for August 9-11 in Calgary, Alberta. The Challenge will be a weekend focused on box and field lacrosse training with elite level coaches from in and out of the province. The objective of the weekend is to provide players with an excellent development opportunity working alongside their peers and with experienced lacrosse coaches.
This is an Alberta Lacrosse Association event that will conduct box lacrosse and field lacrosse sessions to build lacrosse skills, tactical knowledge, and game awareness. Professional coaches will work with the players throughout the weekend. The weekend will be comprised of skill sessions and controlled scrimmages.